SuperRare is a well-funded and fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent the art market for the digital generation. Our platform is a social marketplace for cutting edge digital/3D/VR creators and a new generation of natively-digital art collectors. We’ve built a vibrant online economy for digital art powered by the Ethereum blockchain, with over $30M earned by artists and collectors over the past two years. We are now growing our team and looking for passionate, creative people to join us on our journey.
Engineering at SuperRare
The core of SuperRare is a cutting edge technology stack bringing together the Ethereum blockchain with immersive 3D and VR visual art. Started by technical founders, a strong engineering culture is at the heart of our company. We love collaboration, cross-functional thinking, and functional programming, especially Haskell and PureScript. SuperRare is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our team of engineers and help us scale effectively.
What you'll do
- Lead, manage, coach, and support a team of engineers
- Rapidly scale the engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent and designing organizations, systems, and tools to help us scale effectively
- Work with the CTO to establish a world class engineering culture
- Bring a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and decision making to all areas of the organization including mobile, internal tools, devops.
- Work with the CTO to establish and execute on our long term technical plans.
- Work closely with Product and Design teams on strategic planning, product development, and execution
- Work closely with our executive team on strategic planning and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 8+ years experience and 4+ years leadership experience (CTO, VP Eng, Director) at a startup, preferably during the rapid team and business scaling phase.
- Highly technical with expertise in blockchain development (preferred), infrastructure, architecture, mobile development, and devops.
- Demonstrated excellence in effectively scaling the engineering organization through hiring and organizational design. Strong passion for the people and culture side of engineering organizations.
- Passion for product excellence and experience working in organizations with strong collaboration between Engineering, Product, Design, and Business functions
- Direct experience working on a platform or marketplace a plus. A passion for creators and culture is a huge plus.
- Computer Science (or similar) background
If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you!