SuperRare is a well-funded and fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent the art market for the digital generation. Our platform is a social marketplace for cutting edge digital / 3D / VR creators and a new generation of natively-digital art collectors.
We've built a vibrant online economy for digital art powered by the Ethereum blockchain, with over $50M earned by artists and collectors over the past two years.
We are now growing our team and looking for passionate, creative people to join us on our journey!
Engineering at SuperRare
At SuperRare, our mission is to create a global art economy fit for the digital age. We are looking for a Director of Engineering who is excited about digital art and NFTs. The core of SuperRare is a cutting edge technology stack bringing together the Ethereum blockchain with immersive, visual art.
As the Director of Engineering you will lead our engineering team to build the next phase SuperRare. We are reimagining our current implementation into a broader, decentralized ecosystem of creators and collectors. This is an opportunity to shape the future of art collecting.
What you'll do:
- Lead, manage, coach and support a team of engineers
- Help scale the engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent
- Design organizations, systems, and tools to help us scale effectively
- Nurture our engineering culture of ownership, trust, and respect
- Bring a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and decision making to all areas of the organization including mobile, internal tools, devops
- Work with the CTO and Executive team to establish and execute on our long term technical plans and strategic initiatives
- Partner with our Product and Design teams on strategic planning, product development and execution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 8+ years experience and 4+ years leadership experience (CTO, VP Eng, Director) at a startup, preferably during the rapid team and business scaling phase
- Highly technical with expertise in blockchain development (preferred), infrastructure, architecture, mobile development, and devops
- Demonstrated excellence in effectively scaling the engineering organization through hiring and organizational design. Strong passion for the people and culture side of engineering organizations
- Passion for product excellence and experience working in organizations with strong collaboration between Engineering, Product, Design, and Business functions
- Direct experience working on a platform or marketplace and a passion for creators and culture is a huge plus
- Computer Science (or similar) background.
If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you!